Day 13

In photography, the are "rules"... and rules are made to be broken, right!?! Sometimes I break the rules of photography without even knowing it~ that's part of the learning process! Sometimes, I break them because I just don't care about them all the time, and that's fine too.
For my Project 365 pictures, I've decided that if I so choose, I can opt to ignore each and every photography "rule" whenever I want. There may be photos where I'm not at all creative or things aren't exactly technically 'correct' (according to the photography "rule" book), and I'm going to be seriously okay with that. For me, this project is about more than getting things technically correct.
In some cases, the pictures will be about the memory. Tonight, that is the case for me. This picture isn't technically anything special~ for one thing, the star looks like it's growing out of April's head (sorry April!). I could have fixed that in Photoshop, but then I remembered that being technically good is not my goal with 365.
So, without editing it, I chose to use this picture because I want to remember that tonight I had a wonderful dinner with April. I want to remember that I tried a new restaurant~ one that didn't even have chicken parmesan (and I still liked my food)! I want to remember that we had a good laugh about my dessert because it reminded me of something kind of naughty. I want to remember that we were asked to move at one point because we had been sitting at our table for too long and they needed to use it for a reservation that was coming in five minutes. I want to remember that when I called my hubby on the way home I couldn't believe I had been at dinner for three and a half hours, because the time just flies when you're with an amazing friend...

1 comments:
Awww! You're going to make me cry! Thanks for the great memories! :)
Post a Comment