Day 10

Wow... Today Andy and I cleaned out our storage room. We had quickly thrown countless boxes in there when we moved in to our house, completely untouched and unsorted for years and years. I'm sure that happens to a lot of people when they first move in together/get married~ lots of "stuff" from childhood that needs to be kept (and some that needs to be thrown away), but it goes in a room somewhere and just sits.
Well, we decided to tackle a chunk of that stuff today, and I found some of the most amazing boxes of "stuff"~ including a ragged box of tons and tons of books from when I was an absolutely avid reader in my teens. Those books will NEVER be thrown away! I just couldn't imagine parting with them.
Looking at them today, I'm just flooded with memories~ my Nancy Drew mysteries, my "Sunset Island" and "Totally Hot" series, my Christopher Pike books... I seriously could sit down and read them all right now and probably still love them just as much as I did 15 years ago.
I'm also really amazed. I can't imagine how much money my mom spent on all these books for me. Well, the books have now been lovingly transferred from a ratty old beat up box with holes that's practically falling apart (and is now broken down in the garbage) to a plastic, hopefully indestructible tote. What a neat thing to find today...

0 comments:
Post a Comment